Are you a big fan of Magpul? Who isn’t right? You need to see this review on the Hunter 700 stock!
One of the greatest things in life, is the feel of your chassis on your rifle. What I mean is when you get into the prone position, aligning up your spine with the rifle. Making sure your cheek is perfectly comfortable on your stock and just the right amount of height for your eye relief! Doesn’t that sound amazing? Well it should! Because that is the way I feel position behind this Magpul Hunter 700 stock!
Being out of the military and not being able to do my favorite job any more is tough at times. So, I have found my notch in training DOE guys what it takes to be a “Designated Marksman.” Yep! After several days in a classroom teaching these guys the weaponize math they need in order to be on the range. Well it’s time! So laying here behind my REM700 with the new Magpul Hunter stock on it’s first leg run on the range. It really feels nice!
Made from reinforced polymer and an anodized aluminum bedding block, the Magpul Remington 700 Hunter Stock offers users a cost effective replacement featuring fully adjustable length of pull, comb height, and enhanced ergonomics.
Compatible with Remington 700 Short Actions, this stock requires no bedding and is a true “drop-in” solution for the end user*. This stock is also M-LOK® compatible to accept a broad range of accessories.
Also available is our Bolt Action Magazine Well, which allows the rifle to be used with detachable box magazines without the need for custom inletting.
Made in U.S.A.
- Compatible with standard Remington 700 pattern short actions with stock Remington hinged floorplates*
- Easily upgradeable to removable AICS-spec magazines (5.56×45 or 7.62×51 pattern) with the affordable Magpul Bolt Action Magazine Well
- Reinforced polymer shell with Type III hard anodized, machine finished, A380 cast aluminum V-bedding block
- Accepts ALL factory Remington barrels including aftermarket profiles up to a Medium Palma (0.920″ dia. 5.50″ forward of the breech)
- Tapered Beam design provides good rigidity through forend and will free-float compatible barrels
- 60 degree grip angle from bore axis
- Adjustable LOP from 13.0”-15.0” with included 0.50” Spacers
- Rubber recoil butt-pad included and optional OEM Butt-Pad Adapter available for use with aftermarket pads
- Optional High Cheek Riser Kit with 0.50″ and 0.75″ Risers to adjust cheek weld (Stock comes pre-fitted with 0.25″ Riser)
- Accepts factory and most aftermarket triggers
- M-LOK slots on forend sides and bottom for a wide variety of accessory and sling mounting options
- Three dimpled drill points to install optional standard swivel studs (#10-32 x 3/8” long dome stud)
- Push-button QD swivel compatibility in rear with optional Sling Mount Kits
- Left and Right rear 1-1/4” Footman’s Loops
*NOTE: Fits right-hand recievers only.
All blind floorplate ADL models will require current factory Remington hinged bottom metal or the optional Magpul Bolt Action Magazine Well. Not compatible with Remington 700 DM models with their proprietary detachable box magazines.
Since factory action mounting screws can come in a variety of lengths, grinding to length or utilizing longer replacements may be necessary to optimize fit with the Hunter 700.
I think this stock rocks! Enjoy the video below and check out Magpul! Until next time