As you can see holsters come in different sizes and shapes from top performance ones to aftermarket cheap ones. So, what is a good holster to you? To me a good holster is one that works for me. Meaning, that when I am on deployment, executing a search warrant and/or just everyday carry, that holster will perform its duty above and beyond its normal functions. Getting it in the dirt, mud or whatever the weather conditions are it will be reliable. The four holsters that you see in the picture above is what I use while in the performance of all the duties I do. Below you will find the descriptions of all the holsters I use.
Remember the best holster you can have is the one that bonds with you and your weapon. Always take care of your gear and your gear will take care of you.
Safariland Leather “Top Gun”
Safariland Leather “Top Gun” Level 1 Retention Holster
Level I RETENTION holster
- 1.50″ belt drop
- Features a top draw, mid-ride, straight drop cant and a thumb break with a one-way directional snap
- Adjustable holster tensioning device easily allows the controlling of friction levels with the turn of a screw
- Right or left hand
- For pistols or revolvers
- Available in Plain Black, Basket Weave, Hi-Gloss, or Nylon Look finish
The Blackhawk Level 2 Tactical Serpa Holster
The Blackhawk Level 2 Tactical Serpa Holster is a drop-leg holster with a flexible thigh platform that conforms to leg size. Key features include a Y-harness for even weight distribution; quick disconnect swivel buckles, rubberized leg straps, and the SERPA Auto Lock release.
- Flexible thigh platform conforms to leg size
- Y-harness suspension system distributes weight evenly, keeps holster vertical when kneeling, and allows use of pants pocket
- Quick-disconnect swivel buckles allow superior flexibility and quick holster mounting and dismounting
- Accessory mounting locations for pouches, knives, mag cases, etc.
- Rubberized leg straps eliminate sliding
- Passive retention detent adjustment screw and SERPA Auto Lock release
- Reinforces full master grip and superior draw technique
- Immediate retention and audible click upon re-holster for increased officer safety
- Full-length holster body protects rear sights
- Same drawing technique for undercover, tactical, and duty
- Hole in holster body for bungee retention if desired
Safariland 6004 Tactical Holster
Safariland 6004 Tactical Holster, LH, Black
The Safariland Model 6004 Tactical holster is built for comfort as well as functionality. This Tactical holster features the Self Locking System rotating hood system which is so well suited for the tactical situations encountered today. The hood on the Model 6004 holster can only be released by being simultaneously pushed down and rotated forward and actually becomes more secure when upward force is applied. The STX Tactical finish of the holster is rugged, protecting the gun in scrape, scratch and dent incidents. Molded sight track and soft SafariSued protect the gun’s sights and finish. A special feature of the Model 6004 is the double leg strap and the leg shroud. These two features combined equal comfort and stability in the holster position on the leg.
- Features the SLS (Self Locking System) rotating hood system
- SLS allows for a smoother, single-motion draw and greater protection against attempted weapon takeaways
- Thermal-molded SAFARILAMINATE construction protects handgun and sights
- Standard double leg strap and leg shroud with mounting holes for optional accessories.
- For pistols and revolvers
- Available in Brown Flat Dark Earth, Olive Tactical Green or Black finishes
- Also available for Taser X26 or M26
FOBUS GL-2 Holster
mold injected RX18 Polymer formula
FOBUS introduced a supportive backing for most of its holsters to tighten the attachment to the body and maximize comfort.
This backing significantly betters the agility of the paddle and improves the way the holster is secured to the body Fobus is the leader in high-density space age polymer, with the more models and the most fits in the market place.
Comfort is vital when carrying concealed, Fobus designers have delivered holsters that weight 2 ounces. These holsters are high riding, close-fitting, with a low profile, have a rubberized paddle for comfort, steel reinforced rivet attachment system for durability. They are rugged and reliable and virtually maintenance free. Fobus holsters utilizes a passive retention system that allows for rapid presentation.
Good luck with your holster hunting and until next time!